Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Letter No. 10: Someone I don’t talk to as often as I’d like

[This post is part of my Life List #58 and the 30 Letters in 30 Days Challenge.]

via




Dear Old Friend,


What happened to us?


It's not like we fought or anything but somehow just drifted apart. At some point I was certain that you'd be in my life forever as that girl bestie I've always secretly dreamed of. Or that older sister....cause that's what you became.


Well, here we are...


I remember the very first day we ever met. You were both so fun and silly at the same time. You were well likable to many and so engaging to all. I enjoyed all the times that we ever shared and always to this day wish we had more. We could have done more and been more present for each other. I mean, I could've been more present.


Sometimes I wonder how we got here. Something I did [or didn't do]? I will never know. Or maybe it was that I moved away? Perhaps we just became too different?


I don't know.


Even though I feel like our relationship ended abruptly, I will always cherish all those beautiful silly and serious moments we shared. You are an exceptional woman with a beautiful heart and I'm happy to have gotten to know you. I understand now that somethings are not forever. Sometimes relationships are seasonal and that's okay too. I still think about you so often and always hope you're doing alright.


Thank you for being a friend.


xoxo


PS: I love purple too these days and actually think I look good in it :) [Shocker!]


No comments:

Post a Comment