I used packaged Sobeys Compliments three cheese ravioli brand. You can use your preferred brand of packaged ravioli which can be purchased from virtually any supermarket or some specialty stores. [For you meat eaters, I hear you can even get beef stuffed ravioli].
Making this ravioli is really easy - just like boiling spaghetti. [Or if you're nervous - simply follow instructions on the back of the packaging.]
Easy Tomato Basil Sauce
What you'll need:
- Olive oil
- Chopped Onion
- Minced Garlic
- Can of crashed tomatoes
- Tomato paste [not more than a teaspoon]
- Salt + Pepper
- Pinch of sugar [optional]
- Basil [I prefer to use fresh]
- Grated Mozzarella cheese [optional]
How to prepare:
[Don't worry if you make too much sauce, you can always use it tomorrow or freeze it for another pasta day!]
- Over medium heat, olive oil in a pan and fry the onion until soft and add garlic.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper to taste stir.
- Add tomato paste to thicken the sauce and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the cheese, a bit of olive oil, basil, stir and voila!