|Vegetarian Chilli served with Parathas|
What you'll need:
- Olive oil
- A chopped jalapeno
- A chopped onion
- A Vegetable stock cube
- A can of mixed beans [I used Sobeys Compliments brand]
- Spices [A sprinkle of Paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin]
- Tomato sauce [I actually used leftover tomato basil sauce from the other day]
- Ground meat substitute [I like President's Choice Blue Menu Seasoned Ground Soy]
- Salt + Pepper
- Heat the oil and then add the onion then jalapenos. Toss until the onions are soft.
- Add the spices, vegetable stock cube, and ground meat substitute then
- Add the beans. Stir.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.