Saturday, August 6, 2011

Essential Gadget #1: A Very Smart Phone

So I want to be able to live anywhere and have a solid virtual career as well. In doing so there are some must haves gadgets that I require for this to work out.

Although I secretly pine for the iPhone 4 (or 5 :), I currently have a Blackberry Curve 8500 - it's cute & small, light, pretty smart and definitely does what I ask it to (most of the time). It does have it's limitations but right now works well for me.

When thinking about the right phone to pick consider picking a phone it's important to make sure that it has the features or capability to do as many cartwheels as you personally require and the whole shabang because chances are you're going to be stuck with it for a long while. The other important thing to note is when moving abroad is to do your homework on UTMS spectrum bands and also cellular networks (GSM3G etc) because the last thing you want to happen is for you to arrive at your destination and learn that you beloved cellphone isn't compatible with the networks there. Don't quote me on this but I hear that GSM is the safest bet as the technology is available in virtually all countries. 3G technology is amazing but not readily available in all parts of the world yet. Be sure to discuss these nitty-gritties with your cellphone retailer when you buy your phone.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment