Sunday, September 4, 2011

Carrot Cake Cupcakes {No.2}



So my brother begged me to make carrot cupcakes. Since I'm doing the my cupcake challenge on my Life List #74, I used Martha's recipe and let me just tell you this to me was an edible sensation. The only thing I didn't like as much once again was the sugar- way too much of it in my opinion {but everyone else seems not to notice}. I recommend cutting the sugar from her original recipe especially if you're going to frost them - see my adaptation below.

Another check for on my Life List #74!

via


CARROT CUPCAKES RECIPE


{adapted recipe from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes Book}

 

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound carrots, finely grated

  • 3 large eggs, room temperature

  • 1 cup sugar

  • 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil

  • 1/3 cup buttermilk

  • 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise, seeds scraped (or 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract)

  • 1/2 cup golden raisins

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour

  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

  • 2 teaspoons baking powder

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger

  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves


 

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line mini muffin tins with paper liners. Whisk together carrots, eggs, sugar, oil, buttermilk, vanilla-bean seeds, and raisins. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. Stir flour mixture into carrot mixture until well combined.

2. Divide batter among liners, filling 3/4 full. Bake until a cake tester inserted in centers comes out clean, 23 to 28 minutes, rotating tins halfway through. Transfer tins to racks to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from tins; let cool completely before icing.

*recipe supposedly makes 2 dozen. I came out with 3 1/2 dozen cupcakes using medium cupcake liners

Click here for more of my Carrot Cupcake photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment