Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A little taste of Serbia

Bonimi Restaurant

The other day a client of mine took me to this wonderful family owned Serbian style restaurant out in Etobicoke called Bonimi. The food was quite delectable despite the portion sizes being pretty large. Apparently Serbians eat a lot of red meats and pork which for those who know me, I don't so I thought I would be stuck with menu options but was pleasantly surprised.
Shopska Salad ($6.75)

I trusted him to go ahead and order my meal for me and so he ordered their signature Shopska Salad ($6.75) which is filled with fresh tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, onion and lotssss of feta cheese. It sound simple doesn't it? But I'm telling you it was delish! The only note I'll make is that if your aren't an onion fan, this salad will probably overwhelm your palate so maybe ask them to cut back. Same goes with the cheese although I hear it's the feta that makes the Shopska :).

I also had the Grilled Chicken Panini ($9.25) and he had the classic Vienna Schnitzel ($10.25) on a home style  bun with cream cheese.

You should check it out, it's just by outside the subway on Bloor Avenue [at Islington Avenue]. Visit their website to check out their menu.




No comments:

Post a Comment