Saturday, December 24, 2011

Delica Kitchen: So delish!

via
My friend took me to this tres cute spot in Toronto's Midtown. It's called Delica Kitchen.

I decided to feature it today for Small Business Saturday simply because it's such a perfect spot that's locally owned! Seriously it's one of the cutest places I've been to in the city. Very intimate and I'm almost certain you'll find their innovative tray tables fun to look at and use. This little big find is located up just by Yonge and St. Clair. What are they about? In their words:
"We're driven by our love, respect and obsession for authentic, all natural, fresh food. We do our best to celebrate real food and try not to mess around with honest taste that high quality, pure and simple ingredients have to offer. You might have guessed that we're not really the type to follow trends. When we find a good thing, we stick to it – simple cooking methods, time-honoured traditions, bold flavours and good, wholesome ingredients." 



My friend was smart enough to have another lunch date before coming to Delica (silly girl :), but she ended up having a Tuscan Tomato soup (s $4.25, m $5.25) - stewed tomatoes, roasted red peppers, fresh
rosemary, roasted garlic, onions and olive oil, which she enjoyed. I had a grilled Pulled Turkey Sandwich ($8.95) with caramelized onion aioli, cured tomatoes, aged cheddar and arugula on ACE ciabatta. Yummy!


BTW, did I mention - just about all of the food components are made in-house with the exception of the bread, which is sourced from ACE Bakery (the owner of Delica is a daughter of the founders)?


I hope they open another location in downtown because I'm certain they will have more fans :). Until then, heading to Midtown is well worth it!

Delica Kitchen
1440 Yonge Street (@ St. Clair)
416.546.5408
www.delicakitchen.ca
Find them on Facebook 

4 comments:

  1. looks super lovelyyyyy! oreos are win ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! and yes! it's such a cute spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so adorable! Id love something like this in my town.

    Jess
    Coppergarden.blogspot.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or, you could always come visit Toronto :)

    ReplyDelete