Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lose Weight on an Avocado, a Nut and Chocolate?


High Monounsaturated Fatty Acid Foods
via
So... like many, when the year turns I start thinking about the cliché "lose weight" goal. I've never been a dieter or a fitness girl so I'm very aware that I have to set realistic expectations. Because of this my goal is to live a much healthier and balanced life [and hope to shed some those Life List #32 pounds along the way].

Over the next little while I'm going to be researching on ways to incorporate healthier living into my life and will try to share the interesting bits. I've been reading a lot about MUFA's [Monounsaturated fatty acids] and thought I'd share.

Apparently Monounsaturated fats may be beneficial for heart health when used in place of trans fats and saturated fats. Saturated fats are found in dairy products and meats and trans fats are typically found in margarine, shortening and fast food items. The coolest part is MUFAs, also are a key element of the flat belly or abs diets. 

I realized that I actually do use and love some foods that are high in MUFAs like:

  • Olive oil
  • Avocado
  • Seeds & Nuts
  • Dark Chocolate 
So I can definitely keep munching these.

If you're courageous or committed enough, perhaps you can even try the HiMoLoCarb Diet by Jack Goldberg. If I were to ever try a diet or food lifestyle change it would look a lot like this one especially because you still get to eat normal food without feeling restricted.

I think the key is to remember to have a MUFA food as part of every single meal you have. Whether you sprinkle nuts over your salad or whip up some guacamole, you and I will definitely be on our way to a healthier and a flatter belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment