Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year: 2012!



Wow! I can't believe it's 01.01.12 already!

2011 was quite the eventful year for me and I think just in general. Professionally I began the year leaving one role to becoming an executive director. Personally I learnt plenty about love through family & friends - then with my mother's cancer diagnosis it felt like my soon to be perfect world was dragged from beneath my feet - by far the hardest part of 2011 for me. Ironically, it was through this very craziness that I grew the most as a person.



If I were to sum up the lessons of 2011 this is it:
"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want… Everything else is secondary." Steve Jobs 

I'm so grateful for all the love I have in my ordinary life. I appreciate my life's journey thus far and look forward to tomorrow's lessons. To you all, may 2012 be a year filled with lots of love + hugs, growth and surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment